Tuesday, August 11, 2009

More Than Friends...

It all starts with a Craigslist post.

Chapter 1:"The house was gorgeous. Not too far from my new teaching gig. How could I not send them an email?

For a month I had been searching for the perfect place and something about this house felt so right.

In two weeks time, I would pack up all my stuff here in Phoenix and start my new position, my life, in Los Angeles. My mom worried about me moving to a strange city with no friends or family nearby, but she had faith in me. Yeah, I was a little shy, but I knew how to make friends and keep them. She had nothing to worry about. This was the right move and everything would be just fine. If I could only settle on a place to live... I had replied to several posts online, but there was one in particular that had me anxious for an answer. The post on CraigsList was short and simple. Three girls around my age looking for another roommate for their four bedroom craftsman near Hancock Park, a gorgeous neighborhood placed a perfect distance between Downtown Los Angeles and Beverly Hills."


...why must we pretend… let’s be more than friends…

No comments:

Post a Comment